Sunday, December 5, 2010

McRib

It was with small fanfare that I had my first McRib today. That's right, in my short 30 year life, I have consciously avoided McDonalds restaurants while traveling in distant lands in hopes of finding much better local fare - while at the same time, never giving thought to ordering this limited time offer of a sandwich in the off chance I visit the golden arches while in ahurry around home. I have never had a McRib... until today. My formerly Canadian neighbor and I had a couple while watching football, and I honestly must say I'm not sure what all the hype is about. When I asked Sarah if she was interested, she said, "What's a McRib?" After meticulously explaining the concept of mystery meat formed into rib-like sandwich patties, Sarah says, "Processed meat that's pressed into the
shape of ribs? That just sounds disgusting. That makes me want to vomit."
I also did a bit of research to understand the mystique of the McRib to find out why some have gone so far as to call the McRib - America on a bun. Once again, Wikipedia comes to the rescue with suscint, voluminous information (HERE) and also the listed nutritional information from McDonalds (HERE). Trust at your own risk.

Final Verdict: It's unlikely I will ever order another McRib.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. I too have never had a McRib and do not understand all the hype. Coming from the guy that eats Triscuits and cream cheese, which I might add is disgusting, this means a lot. I will forgo the McRib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liquid,
    How are you going to mark it off your bucket list if you never have one? Actually, it's right on par with Triscuits and cream cheese.

    SVT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it Kosher? Not that is matters to me.
    Jewd

    ReplyDelete