Saturday, September 22, 2012

Point Defiance Photo Session

I forget sometimes how blessed we are to have such a gorgeous park and zoo in our backyard. About a mile away is a place you could call our haven, Point Defiance Park and Zoo. We frequent there often for trips to see the animals, play on the playgrounds, walk/run, play at the beach, and of course, take plenty of photos. The flower gardens are spectacular and make a perfect back drop for photos of my kiddos.  I won't tell you how many I did take and how many hilarious flops there were compared to the good ones. Here are a few of the best.
Grace was surprisingly gentle with Samuel and cooperativewith the camera.
At least for a 15 minute period!
As much as I pay attention to detail in photos like these, I somehow missed
Sam's hair which needed a comb through.He looks like he's sporting an
 excellent "comb-over."
Ad lib :)
Darling, I know! What this photo doesn't capture is the split second after the
photo was taken that Grace pushes Samuel from behind and Mommy narrowly
catches Samuel before he face plants into the asphalt.  Sadly, I might always
remember that when I look at this photo. They are darn adorable though.
Grace has been obsessed lately with some peeling
skin on her toe. Can't just leave it alone. Forget
all the gorgeous dahlias around.They just don't
make her smile like they do Mommy :)
Grace tickling Sam's feet. He gets a kick out of it, like most things Grace does. 
Grace and her "happy face"
August is the best time of year around here and the dahlia
garden showcases why.
 This post wouldn't be complete if I didn't include a couple photos of Grace from last year in the gardens. I was reviewing these photos and thinking how much she's grown and changed when I realized the onesie she has on in this photo is the exact one she is wearing today. Of course it's not so baggy anymore but she still fits in it a year later. What a peanut!



No comments:

Post a Comment