Wednesday, June 19, 2013

When will it ever be done???

I won't bore you with all the reasons, or lack there of, as to why are back yard still isn't done. Mainly, I don't want this to turn into a venting session on my part. But on a positive note, Scott and I throughly believe the wait will be well worth it. I was about to email him updated pics from today when I figured I should just put them on the blog for all to see. Haven't blogged in awhile. Sorry about that. Life is a bit crazy in these parts as a single working mother while Scott is out of town. Don't know how real single moms do it. I have to give a major shout out to my mother in law who has helped more than she even realizes, watching the kids, cooking us dinner and the like. I appreciate her so much.

Initial lay out of crushed rock near the bottom of the deck

No steps near the side of the house yet.

New dirt leveled out in preparation for laying the sod

Patio detail 

More Patio detail between the two walls.

South west corner looking out to alley access. Gate pending

Lower level

Looking back up to the deck


3 comments:

  1. Take comfort in the fact that you're progressing much faster than we are. We spent last weekend just removing 35+ yards of dirt. This is in preparation for a wall that won't go in for at least a month (or two).

    It really is looking great.

    Do you know the name/manufacturer of the block?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabe, we also are paying people to get it done, so it should go a bit faster. I don't have the name in my head, but I'll get it to you when I talk to Sarah. Your place is looking great too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did a bit more looking around. Looks like Manorstone from Mutual: http://www.mutualmaterials.com/homeowner/products/hardscape-products/retaining-walls/traditional/manorstone

    ReplyDelete