Friday, January 10, 2014

Major Milestone Alert

Around Thanksgiving Grace started coloring between the lines. Out of nowhere. A light switch went on in that developing brain of hers. Apparently another light switch went on recently, not sure when exactly, but I was greeted with the most wonderful evidence the other day that she no longer picks up a pen and just scribbles. She can actually draw and write! Yup. Who knew?!

I came home from yoga class and was informed by my daughter that these precious pieces of paper needed to be sent to Denver to the respectful people on each page. Well, sorry Papa, Jack, Ava, and Connor. These will be filed away for eternity for my sake as memorabilia. So, this blog post is my way of sending them to you. Scott informed me that she drew pictures of these people and asked him how to spell each of their names. He verbally spoke each letter in order and to his surprise she wrote out each letter. As you can see some letters are backwards or not quite right, but how awesome is this! She hardly needed help too! My girl is growing up so fast! 

p.s. Papa, she really liked writing your name :)


No comments:

Post a Comment