Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Move Some Army Dudes: Get Paid

From time to time I post about all the ancillary portions of my job; fun things I get to do, and get paid to do them.  As it turns out, this really is my job.  As I was in the middle of doing my job on Monday, a reporter started asking me about our mission for the day.  I was a little surprised, and unprepared, but Adam Ashton of the Tacoma News Tribune captures the day's activities quite well in his article, Flying Strikers to Yakima in C-17 Illustrates the Bennefits of a Joint Base: It's something that was done often early in recent wars, but now the services need to practice.  I must admit, I feel a little silly with the quote he credits me with, but it's exactly what I said.  I think that's why the government doesn't pay me to talk - maybe a bit too often, I do that for free. 



Even though I saw a photographer taking some shots, none are associated with the article.  Here are a few captured by one of my fellow crewmembers.  After loading, we popped above the clouds for a standar-ly awesome view of Rainier.  Note, Army dudes moved were not photoed.

Unchained and rolling out the back at our destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment