Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sarah's First Half Marathon

Yeah, that's right. I always said I'd never do it. But a friend talked me into it...thanks Beth. I started my training at the end of January, deciding on the Jeff Galloway method of run/walking. I slowly worked my way up in distance and did pretty good on race day. I ran the Capital City race in Olympia.

Our wonderful friend and neighbor, Jessie, brought the kids to her house a week before the event and supplied posters and paint for the kids to decorate signs for me. It was all a secret! Although Grace did mention something about making posters but I didn't see them until race day. There was nothing better than seeing those two kids midway through the race proudly holding up their signs yelling, "GO MOMMY". Scott and I both had wet eyes it was so adorable. 



I ran the race in about 2 hours and 33 minutes. I finished and I'm really proud of myself! Scott and I are registered for my next race in November, Disney's Wine and Dine half marathon in Orlando. Nothing like mixing a race with good wine and food, in addition to a visit with the family.



No comments:

Post a Comment