Thursday, July 31, 2014

CAPITAL 1


To be smarter than a 5th grader, you not only need to be able to name all 50 states, but their capitals too. My smarts probably lie somewhere near mid 4th grade. I do enjoy visiting capital cities and buildings when the opportunity arises.  My visit list (in order of what I can remember and with * if I got to the capital building): Atlanta, Denver*, Sacramento, Tallahassee*, Montgomery, Phoenix*, Honolulu, Lincoln*, Raleigh, Oklahoma City, Salt Lake City, Nashville, Charleston, Cheyenne, Dover, Boise, and now Olympia*. 

Last week Grace, accompanied by her buddy Joey, visited her first, the Washington State capital in Olympia. It was a pleasant unplanned adventure.  We intended to visit Lakefair (at the bottom of the hill in the photo) but the booths didn't open until 11.  We had time to kill and Grace was excited to explore and hike up the hill to the big building. 


No comments:

Post a Comment