Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Grace Gets Baptized


Grace was baptized at St. Leo's Catholic Church on October 17th, alongside her Godparents Sonia and Justin Buckmaster (my sister and brother in law.) We were very blessed to have many friends and family present to celebrate the special occasion. Some time ago I thought it would be a great idea to make something special out of my mother's wedding dress, one that her mother made for her. Once we decided on a date for Grace's baptism I knew a christening gown would be the perfect project. My mother took the scissors to her dress that has been packed away for over 35 years and used the fabric to make the bonnet and the bodice of the gown. The outfit turned out beautiful and Grace looked like a little doll! Thanks to everyone for making the event so memorable for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment