Sunday, May 29, 2011

Kids are All the Same



Imagine my surprise (or lack there of, considering the title) when I stepped out of the shower this morning to find the debauchery pictured above. Sarah and I bring Grace into the bathroom when only one parent is at home and needs to take a shower. We liberally apply toys to the area and, at least every time before this, that has been enough to keep Grace busy and babbling away for the 10 min or so it takes to scrub all the previous day's dirt away and down the drain, peeking out once in a while to check on the young girl. Today, obviously, was different. If you are a parent, you know what I mean when I say, "It got too quite." Well, those "too quite" hairs on the back of my neck were starting to stand up so I peeked out and could only laugh at what Grace's curiosity had discovered.

Here she meticulously examines one tiny piece of her giant toilet paper pile.
Oh look! A camera! That flash is bright.

This reminded me of a similar incident with our other "child," Porter. Back in 2008 when Sara and I had family in town helping us preparing for our wedding, Porter got accidentally locked in the guest bath for some time. He too used the time to examine closely the toilet paper roll. I think he had a little more reason, however, as you can see from the bottom left of the photo, he had gone number 2 while stuck in small room.


As you can see from the photo below (taken in Dec), our two kids get along quite well, especially when getting into mischief together.

No comments:

Post a Comment