Sunday, January 15, 2012

First Snow this Winter


I awoke this morning, looked outside, and was greeted by a thin blanket of snow covering the landscape.  This makes the kid inside of me go CRAZY!  I love playing in the snow.  I immediately got dressed in my snow pants, layered Grace in multiple sets of cloths and set outside determined to have fun until frostbite was on the horizon.  What I forgot is that Grace might not enjoy the snow as much as I.  It took less than 5 minutes for her to start begging to go back inside.  We held out just long enough to play with our Canadian neighbor, who helped us build a snowman larger than Grace while Porter and Gus tore up the place romping the snow.

 Just stepped outside... still enjoying the experience.

...three minutes later.  Such a red nose. 

I accidentally mentioned "hot chocolate" and immediately regretted it as "chocolate" was just about all she uttered until I let her finally go back inside.   

Success!!  A snowman larger than Grace.  Bonus points for anyone who can spot the second dog, Gus.

2 comments:

  1. Gus in camouflaged in front of Scott in his left arm. Nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicely done. I get why fat people wear black - it hides the jiggles.

      Delete