Thursday, May 30, 2013

Grace Turns The Big Three

My little girl turns three today.......how can that be?!

Wasn't it just yesterday I was pacing the family room trying to settle my colicky baby? I remember thinking, "everyone says they grow so fast, but it doesn't feel like it." Time seems to go so slow when your sweet baby cries...and cries some more. I know, that is not the dearest memory to share, but that is SO how i felt in those early weeks and months after Grace was born. But now, I look back on these most amazing three years and realize everyone was right. It does go fast. Too fast.


Wasn't it yesterday she was babbling and staring intently at my lips as I sang the ABC song to her while changing her diaper? Now she's putting ABC puzzles together with minimal help from me.



 

Wasn't it yesterday I was watching her face light up as we shared a popsicle for the first time? Yesterday she requested I make pink cupcakes for her friends at school to celebrate her big day.


 

Wasn't it yesterday she was bear crawling around the yard pulling my flowers and picking unripened strawberries? Now she has her own gardening set and enjoys helping me with the plants.





Wasn't it yesterday I wept listening to her cry herself to sleep because I insisted she learn to sooth herself at night? We haven't totally cured her of that. She still finds any excuse to sleep in our bed or cuddle with me in the middle of the night when she wakes up. I always loved sleeping with her and it's no secret, I still do, to daddy's dismay.





Wasn't it yesterday she was covered in rolls, so plump the sight of her just made you smile from ear to ear? Now she is more beautiful than ever, with a personality so imaginative and bright.




Happy Birthday to the girl who blesses us each day as we get to watch her grow!   *Sniff Sniff*

1 comment: