Monday, November 17, 2014

Over the Rainbow


Halloween this year was special.  It was the first time we dressed in costume as a family.  I'll admit, only a few years ago I would have rolled my eyes at families whose costumes were themed together, but having kids of my own unleaded my inner child - and I think we pretty much rocked it with our thrift store costumes.  (Sam even got some polar bear ear muffs!)


Of course, the Frozen phenomena was in Grace's mind when we were trying to decide what to be this year.  So, one evening when Sarah was working, I had a pizza picnic in the basement with the kids and we watched The Wizard of Oz.   Getting Grace to buy-in on something other than Ana or Elsa was tough, but once she saw Glenda the Good Witch of the North, with sparkling crown and star wand, I knew I had convinced her to flip. 

We carved pumpkins,




...got dressed, and hit the town.   Our awesome neighbor Jesse helped complete the theme and was our Scarecrow. 

The week prior, we participated in a fun run organized by Metro Parks Tacoma called the Black Cat Fun Run and had a few photos captured by the event photographer.  The run was 2.5 miles, and as it turns out, both our kids ran about half the course.  Sarah and I were both pleasantly surprised.  Looks like we can start signing these kids up for their own races!


No comments:

Post a Comment