Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Dahlia Garden Kid Shoot '14

We just barely got our annual garden picture taking done before the weather turned. A quick walk down memory lane:
2011

2012 


2013

2014

It is actually quite a debacle trying to get photos of these kiddos. Well, ones where they both look at the camera and smile, that is. For anyone with young children, this is not a surprise or revelation. For those without young children or experience with them...let me try and give you a running commentary to illustrate.

Okay kids, smile and look at the camera...oh, yeah, I guess doing both at the same time is asking too much.

Lets try it again, SMILE! Sam...Sam...SAM!

Alright, lets try a new spot. Can you two hug? Good job Samuel. Grace can you hug your brother?

Uhhh, easy, easy. I don't think he likes that Grace.

Yeah, he didn't like that.

Dad, can you help me out here?! Okay kids. Smile! Oh well, maybe a little too much.

Phew. This will have to do.

As irritated as I get trying to get that "perfect shot" I realize the ones we end up liking the most are the silly ones and those that capture our kids personalities. Here's to getting my camera out more for the moments they are not looking at the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment