Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Girls Have Left Me


Sarah's parents are vacationing in Arizona this week and, as Sarah also had the week off from work, she took Grace to go get some sun, fresh citrus, and of course, time with the Grandparents. Notice the sunshine and lawn chair in the photos. Obvious signs that it's at least NOT the Pacific NW. This leaves me home alone with the dog and nothing but a honey-do-list about a mile long. A week of bachelorhood ahead of me, I drooled at the possibilities. After taking quite a while to contemplate what mischief I would get myself into, and coming up with nothing, I realized that without Sarah and Grace, I'm pretty boring, and so is my life. Case in point, the only thing I have planned socially this week is to play the State of the Union Address drinking game tonight - thankfully, not alone. (More on the SOTU drinking game in a post soon.) I felt I had heard this story before and so, searching my memory, found and reread a post of the musings of another father turned bachelor for a week. (Polillo Blog HERE) Chris fell into a similar scenario this past summer, and after reading his blog post again this morning, I was comforted to know: I am not alone in enjoying every aspect of being part of a family - the late nights, the engaging smiles, the extra cleaning, the fun of making things dirty again, ect... I enjoy it all. It's only the second day the girls are gone, I miss them immensely and know it will only get worse as the week passes.

Fair warning for anyone who wants to drop by and say hello this week - I will NOT be wearing pants!

I like to think Grace is saying, "HEY! What the hell did you do with my father and when will I get to see him again?"

2 comments:

  1. Nice! At least R06 is in the area. I hear he is always game for a good pants-less weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With two dudes in the house, the protocol is pants on - but I think that was R06's rule more than it was mine.

    ReplyDelete