Friday, September 9, 2011

This Is What It's All About



The last two weeks have been nothing short of amazing when it comes to Grace. She has turned into a sponge, picking up new things so quick I'm still in shock from the last new feat when she's accomplishing the next. She's learning at least one new word everyday, climbing up onto the adult furniture, mimicking everything you do and then applying it to another scenario appropriately, doing summersaults, and playing peek-a-boo while giggling with such excitement that it makes your heart sing, Not to mention, she has learned the word 'no' to my dismay. I also started asking her to point to objects in her books and she comprehends WAY MORE than I even realized.

In addition, she cut her first two teeth earlier this week (with quite a few more in the cue to pop through the gums next). Poor thing, she'll get most of her teeth all at once. And last but not least, this afternoon she started walking. Finally! I was wondering if this girl would ever have teeth or walk.

This afternoon Grace stood up on her own, which she'd been doing for several weeks, and walked about 4 steps to me. She'd been walking 1 or 2 steps on her own on a rare occasion but has been walking with assistance for some time. Those who see her often, including myself, had come to the conclusion that she could totally do it on her own she just didn't have the confidence quite yet. Well, that came today! I wish I had the look on her face on video when she realized she could walk all by herself. I saw her face light up, quickly moved to the other end of the room and watched her stand back up and make it clear across our living room without falling. It was awesome.

Scott left early Tuesday morning with 5 other guys to hike through Olympic National Park and summit Mt. Olympus. Boy does he have a surprise for him when he gets home. His baby girl will get to greet him with a smile baring her two new crooked bottom teeth as she WALKS toward him. I can't wait to see the look on his face. Maybe I'll try to get that one on video.

No comments:

Post a Comment