Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tinkertopia


Wanting to find something new for exploration this past Sunday, Samuel and I headed out to the recently opened Tinkertopia, a self described "creative reuse center, plus alternative arts and crafts supply" destination.  I wasn't sure what all that meant until Sam and I spend just short of two hours perusing and playing with pretty much everything on every shelf.  I won't get into the weeds on how it all works, that's what the LINK is for, but I will say a couple of proud and creative Tacoma locals have surprised me again with just how awesome this city can be.  You really have to see the place for yourself.

We were met at the door by Darcy, one of the creators/owners of the shop.  She has to be one of the nicest people I've ever met.  She spent quite a bit of time taking Sam around to different baskets, buckets, and bins and helping him play with all the various knickknacks. She even swept the floor with a smile when he threw a glass bead ornament on the ground and smashed it to bits.  I think having a blast is really what the place is all about and Sam was doing that to the max.  I can't wait to take Grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment