Saturday, April 9, 2011

Flower Child


It was 70's Retro Day a few days ago. We listened to protest songs, I wore bellbottoms, Sarah put flowers in her hair, and Grace wore a vintage shirt.



Actually, now that we have paid a few times for professional photos and we now know how much those can run, Sarah has decided to add photographer to her ever increasing job titles. (Mom, wife, and all around amazing person weren't enough.) It also helps that we have some pretty talented acquaintances who photograph on the side to motivate us to at least not look like silly ammeters with a disposable camera - nothing against disposables, they are great. It is with this in mind that we recently have been getting a lot of use out of my 6 year old digital SLR camera. I bought my Nikon D70 back when I started flying for the Air Force thinking that I too would build my photographic skills, but here we are 6 years later and although I've taken some great photos, I attribute it more to sheer volume and chance than to skill. Sarah, on the other hand, has really been focusing on lighting, composition, framing, shutter speed, depth of field, ect... to take some nice photos. Obviously, I like to call this set "Flower Child."

See all 24 photos at Picasa: Flower Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment