Thursday, April 21, 2011

Latest Kitchen Update


So the majority of the cabinets are installed. Still some finishing touches need to be done. These pictures are from earlier in the week. Today all the trim work and doors were painted for the entire upstairs and tomorrow the remainder of the island and bathroom will be painted completing the painting altogether. Next, the granite gets installed on Monday. We can hardly wait to see it.

I got the opportunity to go to the location where the granite would be cut Tuesday to ensure certain pieces of the slabs would make it to our countertops. Scott was out of town and I was watching JJ, now 14 months, and being this was a time sensitive appointment I couldn't reschedule. It was quite the scene walking into this warehouse with Grace strapped to the front of my chest and JJ in the stroller that I had to push over the gravel road down the steep hill I parked on to enter the business. By the end of the appointment there was a trail of goldfish snacks on the wet concrete floor of the place, which proved to be handy in keeping the kids preoccupied as I readjusted the layout of the template multiple times until it was just right. Excited to see it in our own kitchen next week! More photos to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment