Friday, July 6, 2012

Dosewallups Camping

Note: original email was rejected by blogger because of too many photo attachments. Here is the original message with about half the photos....

I mentioned recently that Sarah and I have been too busy to compose a proper post, however, certain reoccurring events cause me to post even if we haven't spent hours editing the photos the way we might like. You see, Great Grandma Grace ("Triple G" to us) gets to see our blog only once a week - and we hate to go a week, or two in this case, without posting new photos. As such, even though I'm on a traveling work trip, I'll post these photos "as is" so Triple G has plenty of new material to absorb, even if it's not "perfect".

Last weekend, we went camping. It's the first camping trip since Grace's birth. Loading both kids, the dog, and all our camping gear into one car was quite the challenge. Getting the kids to sleep in a noisy campground the weekend before the 4th of July was even more of a challenge. Even so, with all the work, I think Sarah would agree, we look forward to many future camping adventures with our kids. This time around, we were fortunate enough to be joined by our friends Kerry and Beth and their one year old Joey. much fun was had by all.

We stayed at Dosewallups State Park on the Hood Canal. The beaches aren't white and sandy, but they hold a plentiful bounty of shellfish. I was fortunate enough to shuck my first oyster, Grace played in the sand/mud, Sam enjoyed the ride.

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment