Friday, July 20, 2012

Jackson Pollock


Jackson Pollock, move over.  There's a new "abstract expressionist" in town & she's related to me.  I imagine this piece will go for somewhere near $50,000,000.  I can hardly imagine how I'm going to spend all that money.   

If only it were that simple.

Grace isn't necessarily artistic, but at least once a day she asks if she can paint.  If I had this much fun in the bath tub getting dirty I would want to paint every day too.  She's accustom to the paint brush, but this time Sarah took it to the next level demonstrating how you can use your whole hand to apply colorful splatters of paint.  Grace really took to making hand prints like a dog to a bone.  The giggles where plentiful.  Unfortunately, even though she has learned the "Cleaning up Our Room" song in daycare, she has yet to master the actual act of cleaning up.  We got lots of practice this day.

True elation at the concept of applying paint with the hands instead of an impliment. 

I imagine this is what Michelangelo looked like shortly before a plaster session of the Sistine Chapel

I don't imagine Michelangelo looked like this after

No comments:

Post a Comment